Reasons you Should Renovate your Bathroom
A bathroom is an important part of a home. It’s where we get clean, relax, and take care of our personal needs. But most importantly, a bathroom is one of the rooms that sells your home when you decide to sell it. If you want to increase the value and desirability of your property, then renovate your bathroom! Here are five reasons why:
Increase Property Value
The bathroom is the most important room in your house. It is also one of the most used rooms of your home (did you know that we spend up to 2 hours a day in our bathrooms?). This means that when a renovation is done, you can expect to make back more than what you invested.
The average cost for bathroom renovation ranges from $60k – $200k depending on what kind of work needs to be done and how big your space is. The good news is, this investment will not only improve the look and feel but will also add value to your property as well!
If you’re looking to increase functionality in your bathroom, there are a number of things you can do. For example, if the shower is too small or doesn’t have enough space between the wall and tub, consider adding an extra showerhead so that two people can bathe at once. You can also add a bathtub—or even better, both! Additionally, if the toilet is located in an inconvenient spot or not separated from other parts of your bathroom (such as a sink), consider putting it in its own room instead.
It’s also possible to add additional items that improve function: for instance, another sink can be constructed adjacent to or within another room entirely; this gives you more space for styling up hair and applying makeup while taking care of other tasks like brushing teeth or shaving legs/underarms/face (whichever applies). An enlarged mirror is useful because it allows users greater visibility while they work on themselves; similarly helpful additions include towel racks which allow towels to be easily hung up after use without taking up much space on surfaces around them. Finally—and perhaps most importantly—you might want to look into some kind of storage solution such as cabinets or shelves where people could put things like toothbrushes; this way those items won’t get lost amid clutter which often makes cleaning difficult due lack thereof space
Enhance your Health
A renovated bathroom enhances your health. It’s not just about looks; it’s about how you feel. A renovated bathroom will help you achieve better health, both physically and psychologically.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). A new bathroom can improve IAQ by reducing airborne contaminants from water damage or mold growth, which often occurs behind old walls and fixtures.
- Improved Energy Efficiency. New windows and doors can save energy by helping regulate temperature, keeping rooms cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter helping you regulate your body temperature better.
- Improved Self-Image: You’re likely to feel more confident and comfortable when entering a beautifully remodeled space with new features than one that hasn’t been updated recently or at all in recent years. The right lighting can make you feel better about yourself.
- Lowered Risk of Getting Injured: Bathroom renovations can include adding grab bars as part of walk-in showers or near toilets so that older adults, people with disabilities or those who have difficulty moving around won’t slip or fall while climbing into their showers or toilets.
Transform your Bathroom into a Personal Sanctuary
One of the best ways to improve your lifestyle is to make your bathroom a place where you can relax and enjoy yourself.
- Use your bathroom as a place to unwind, put your feet up and get comfortable. You can add things like :
- A soaking tub, which can reduce pain and inflammation and also calm the nervous system, reducing the levels of stress and anxiety in the body and improving your mood.
- A heated towel rail so that you can have warm towels on demand.
- A steam shower is another great way of creating a relaxing atmosphere in your home, allowing you to enjoy some time away from it all whilst feeling refreshed and clean afterwards!
- A shower bench, so you can sit and relax in your steam shower.
- Scented candles, to set the mood!
- In the bathroom, you can be yourself. You can relax and enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet while you’re in the tub or shower.
Your bathroom is waiting for you.
Do you have a bathroom that you’re not happy with? Is your current space not working for your family’s needs? Do you feel like it’s time for an upgrade? If so, renovating your bathroom could be the perfect solution. There are many benefits to renovating your bathroom including the following:It can be a great investment in your home. A renovated and updated bathroom can add value to a home while providing greater enjoyment to its occupants. The cost of adding a new shower or tub will quickly pay off when it comes time to sell or rent out your property as these upgrades make homes more appealing to potential buyers and renters.
It can be fun! Getting to design your dream bathroom can be exciting, especially when it means this renovation will improve your life and be the perfect fit for your lifestyle!
We hope you’re inspired to make the most of your bathroom and its potential. Whether you decide to renovate or re-model your bathroom, we can help. Contact Refine Construction today!